A Group gaining in size and strength
GEODIS MAIN STEPS
• General Electric and GSA put Geodis on supplier référencent lists with the signing of
a worldwide agreement for sea transport and transit services.
• Nestlé renews its contract for logistics services with Geodis Logistics
in Germany for five years.
• For its long-time customer PRESSTALIS, A distributor of french and international press,
Geodis launchs a multimodal platform with a rail to the port of BONNEUIL-SUR-MARNE
in France, which and promote the development of waterway transport.
• Opening of the Lyon Corbas European express platform.
• The Group pursues its external growth programme with the acquisition of two of the four
divisions de Giraud International: the Iron and Steel business unit and the Central and
Eastern European Area division.
• Geodis Calberson acquires the business of Cool Jet, confirming its leadership in France.
• Geodis launches its 4PL offer.
• Following a takeover by its major shareholder, Geodis joins SNCF’s new Transport &
• Geodis acquires IBM Global Logistics, the global logistics flow management platform
• Opening of the Bonneuil en France site, Europe’s first groupage and express
• Geodis carry out a share issue with an outstanding success.
• The Group acquires Rohde & Liesenfeld.
• Founding of the Sustainable Development department and launching of a new
organization based on business divisions: Groupage, Freight Forwarding,
Contract Logistics and Road.
• Geodis takes over distribution for FedEx in France.
• The Group acquires the Freight Forwarding division of TNT to become one of Europe’s
leading freight forwarding groups.
• Geodis is floated on compartment B of the Eurolist market of Euronext in Paris.
• Launch of the European groupage service, Eurofirst.
Geodis Calberson celebrates its centenary.
• The 2004 results confirme the Group’s return to lasting, profitable growth.
• Geodis expands its Asian network with new business locations in its own name in
Indonesia and Korea.
• Geodis strengthen its international freight forwarding network by setting up a
partnership with Germany’s Rohde & Liesenfeld group.
• Head office is transferred to Clichy, outside Paris.
• The Group confirms its return to profit.
• Pierre Blayau is appointed Chairman and CEO of Geodis.